Clash of Clans Wizard Tower Summary
- The Wizard Tower is unlocked at Town Hall 5.
- Wizard Towers are also known in short form as WT or WTs.
- The Wizard Tower has a relatively short range but is capable of inflicting splash damage to both Ground and Air Units.
- The Wizard Tower, like the Mortar, excels at taking down entire groups of Troops. However, unlike the Mortar, it has a relatively decent DPS (making it effective against higher health troops like Giants) and it will target both Air and Ground Troops.
- Unlike the Mortar, the Wizard Tower has no blind spot.
- Although the arcane blasts from the Wizard Tower do less damage per shot than the Mortar, it makes up for this by having a much higher rate of fire. This makes the Wizard Tower an excellent choice for defending other structures by blasting troops that get too close.
- The Wizard Tower’s only real weakness is its range, which is among the lowest of all defensive structures.
Clash of Clans Wizard Tower Defensive Strategy
- An excellent defensive strategy for the Wizard Tower is to put it near your Town Hall because of the Wizard Tower’s splash damage and relatively high rate of fire. However, due to its limited range, it is sometimes more desirable to put the Wizard Tower near the outside of your village.
- Putting your Wizard Tower next to Storages is an great way of protecting them against mass Goblins due to its splash damage and fast attack speed.
- Wizard Towers and Mortars are very complementary. The Wizard Tower can help protect the Mortar from attackers that reach it’s blind spot as well as protecting it from aerial attackers.
- Putting Wizard Towers near Air Defenses along with Air Bombs to take out the Balloons defends well against Balloonion attack strategy.
- Wizard Towers near the edge of a base behind the outer most walls will destroy Wall Breakers and ruin a Ground attack that relies heavily on opening up the base with Wall Breakers.
Clash of Clans Wizard Tower Offensive Strategy
- Destroying Wizard Towers can be tricky despite their relatively short range. It is often a better tactic to avoid them entirely by attacking a part of the village that isn’t covered by them. To quickly destroy a Wizard Tower, deploy a few Giants as a distraction while Archers, Wizards or Minions take out the tower.
- Another strategy is to Deploy Troops in a circle around it since this will limit its ability to take out multiple troops with splash damage. Dropping 1 Giant and surrounding the tower with 5 Archers will generally be sufficient to destroy it.
- For attacking, use some units to distract it (Giants or Barbarians) and destroy it with Archers, Minions, or another ranged troop. Melee troops like Barbarians or Giants can destroy a Wizard Tower by themselves if there are enough of them, but because these troops must attack while physically touching the tower (and are therefore grouped up), the Wizard Tower can usually destroy the entire group fairly quickly.
- When deploying units, be careful to ensure that they won’t get into a clump as they come into range of the Wizard Tower (e.g. attacking a Gold Storage that’s near a Wizard Tower), because the Wizard Tower will destroy the group very quickly.
Clash of Clans Wizard Tower Upgrade Differences
- When initially constructed, the Wizard Tower is a solid gray rock. The Wizard at the top of the tower looks like a level 1 (or 2) Wizard.
- At level 2, the lower part of the tower begins to show an Elixir-colored pink crystal, much like the level 6 Walls. This can be seen if you look closely enough, but can be easily missed.
- At level 3, the pink crystals become much more visible. The Wizard at the top of the tower changes in appearance to that of a level 3 (or 4) Wizard.
- At level 4, the crystalline colored structure begins to spiral around the tower.
- At level 5, the entire base of the tower is crystalline with only the top portion of the tower remaining gray rock. The Wizard at the top of the tower changes in appearance to that of a level 5 Wizard.
- At level 6, the Wizard Tower is entirely constructed of the pink crystal, resembling a gigantic level 6 Wall.
- At level 7, the crystal structures grow prominent spikes surrounding the platform and the entire tower darkens to a dark purple, appearing very much like a giant level 7 Wall.
- At level 8, the podium on which the Wizard stands becomes far wider and more jagged. The spikes melt into the tower and it has stone pillars on each side making eight stone pillars in all. It also has embers floating around the base, indicating a lava source beneath. The embers and the lava source may also be referred to the Town Hall being level 10 as the Wizard Tower can max out at this level. The Wizard at the top of the tower changes in appearance to that of a level 6 Wizard.
Clash of Clans Wizard Tower Statistics
|Town Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10|
|Level||Damage Per Second||Damage per Shot||Hitpoints||Cost||Build Time||Experience Gained||Town Hall Level Required|
|Range||Attack Speed||Damage Type||Unit Type Targeted||Size|
|7||1.3s||Splash – 1 tile||Ground & Air||3×3 tiles|