“This bouncy little number will toss unwanted visitors right off your property!“
Clash of Clans Spring Trap Summary
- The Spring Trap is unlocked at Town Hall 4.
- The Spring Trap eliminates troops from battle when enemies step on it. It bounces up to 15 housing space of Troops. For example, it will bounce a group of 15 Barbarians (1 space each Barbarian), 3 Giants (5 Space per Giant) or any combination that adds up to 15 housing space such as 2 Hog Riders 3 Barbarians and 2 Archers.
- It has no effect on Golems, P.E.K.K.As or Heroes.
- Spring Traps are very effective against a Group of Giants or Mass Hog Riders.
- The Spring Trap often does not affect the Goblin either, but this is because the Goblin is too fast for the Spring Trap to bounce it away (it usually is able to move out of range before the Spring Trap has the opportunity to affect it). However, if the Goblin doesn’t continue moving once the Spring Trap has been triggered (stopping to attack a resource building, for instance), it will be bounced similar to a Barbarian or Archer. Also, if there is a horde of Goblins, the Spring Trap will bounce the Goblins in the back, since the Goblin in front triggered it first.
Clash of Clans Spring Trap Defensive Strategy
- Helpful to put near or around the Town Hall, so you can get rid of large numbers of Troops closing in.
- A great strategy for Spring Traps is to place them in an intentionally-designed wall gap. As Troops will generally tend to go through the gap rather than fight their way through the wall, they will be directed right over the trap and be bounced to their death. Remember, however, that Spring Traps are one-time-use and until being re-armed it will leave an undefended gap in the wall after an attacker has triggered it.
- A modified version of this strategy is to place walls inside your base so that the enemy Troops have to walk over the Spring Trap to attack nearby buildings.
- You can place them in between Defensive Buildings to take out Giants and Hog Riders as they move in a predictable path of one defensive structure to the next.
Clash of Clans Spring Trap Offensive Strategy
- There is much you can do to plan an attack against Spring Traps.
- Sometimes in Clan War Attacks, Spring Traps are located near the edge of a base or outside the main base. If this is the case, sending a few troops to trigger these traps with minimal troops to prevent loss of troops is ideal.
Clash of Clans Spring Trap Upgrade Differences
- You cannot upgrade the Spring Trap so there is no upgrade differences.
Clash of Clans Spring Trap Statistics
|Town Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10|
|Re-Arm Cost||Trigger Radius||Damage Type||Unit Type Targeted||Favorite Target||Size|
|2,000||0.7 tiles||Tile Bounce||Ground||None||1×1 tile|