Clash of Clans Skeleton Trap Summary
- The Skeleton Trap is unlocked at Town Hall 8.
- Skeleton Traps are structures that remain hidden until they are activated by an attacking troop moving into their trigger radius.
- Once triggered, the coffin will rise from the ground and multiple Skeletons appear in the area around the coffin to attack nearby troops.
- They can be configured to attack either ground troops or air troops.
- Skeleton Traps set to air mode will only be triggered by Air Troops and Skeleton Traps set to ground mode will only be triggered by Ground Troops.
- The number of Skeletons released depends on the level of the Skeleton Trap.
- The Skeletons released have a small skull icon next to them to signify they came from a Skeleton Trap (as opposed to being summoned by a Witch), similar to the icon displayed next to Clan Castle troops. The reason behind this is because they play an equal role to the Skeletons summoned by a defending Witch in the Clan Castle.
- The Skeletons from the trap have exactly the same stats as the Skeletons summoned by the Witch.
- Skeleton Traps set to defend against air troops have wings instead of a skull on the face of the coffin. Skeletons that arise from being triggered while set to defend against air troops float through the air with the aid of two small red balloons, the same balloons as those on the Air Bomb.
- After being triggered, the coffin quickly disappears. Scorch marks on the ground where the Skeletons clawed up through the ground disappear a short time later.
Clash of Clans Skeleton Trap Defensive Strategy
- It’s ideal to place Skeleton Traps near the core of your base.
- If set to air mode, a good place to locate your Skeleton Traps is just between the outer walls and your Air Defense. This will distract and slow down Air Troops and allow your Air Defenses to have a few extra attacks against Air Troops.
- If set to ground mode, it’s a good idea to place all traps together. The collective attacks of multiple skeletons will help distract enemy troops longer or destroy them faster.
Clash of Clans Skeleton Trap Offensive Strategy
- Since it’s hard to predict where the Skeleton Traps are located, there isn’t much of a strategy when attacking a base with Skeleton Traps.
- On a clean up attack, if these traps are close to the edge, it’s good to use either Balloons or Hog Riders to trigger these traps and destroy them early in the attack similar to luring and destroying the opponents Clan Castle Troops.
- In a Hog Rider heavy attack, Skeleton Traps set to ground mode can have a devastating effect on Hog Riders since the Hogs will not attack the chasing Skeletons until all defenses have been destroyed. Skeletons will chase the Hog Riders during the whole attack and over time wear down the pack. A well placed Poison Spell as the Hogs get stuck on a few defensive structures can neutralize this threat.
Clash of Clans Skeleton Trap Upgrade Differences
- At Level 1 & 2, the Skeleton Traps are a light shade of brown and have either a skull (ground mode) or a bat (air mode) figure on the face of the coffin. It is boarded up indicating that the skeletons were possibly once people.
- At level 3, the Skeleton Trap is a darker shade of brown and has five brass studs on the face of the coffin. A short dark brown board connects the coffin together at the top.
Clash of Clans Skeleton Trap Statistics
|Town Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10|
|Level||Spawned Units||Cost||Re-Arm Cost||Build Time||Experience Gained||Town Hall Level Required|
|Trigger Radius||Unit Type Targeted||Favorite Target||Size|
|5 tiles||Ground||None||1×1 tile|
|5 tiles||Air||None||1×1 tile|