Clash of Clans Lava Hound Summary
- The Lava Hound is the sixth troop unlocked by the Dark Barrack.
- Lava Hounds with its massive hit points are the the most powerful air tanking unit in the game.
- Upon death, the Lava Hound deals additional splash damage before splitting into Lava Pups.
- When attacking, Lava Hounds will prioritize Air Defenses. They will ignore all other structures until they settle over the nearest Air Defense. Once all Air Defenses are destroyed, they will attack the nearest Defensive Structure similar to Giants, Hog Riders and Golems.
- Lava Hounds will ignore all other types of enemy buildings and troops while any air defenses remain on the battlefield. You can predict the path of a Lava Hound because they will move to the next closest air defense once an Air Defense is destroyed. Lava Hounds will continue to target defenses even if they are under attack by enemy Clan Castle troops, heroes or Skeleton Trap skeletons (Like all troops that prioritize defenses, Lava Hounds do not consider the Clan Castle to be a defense regardless of whether or not it contains enemy troops.) Once all defenses are destroyed, Lava Hounds become like any other troop with no preferred target; they will attack the nearest building to them regardless of type, and will turn and attack enemy units if they become aware of any nearby.
Clash of Clans Lava Hound Best Use
- Lava Hounds pair well with Balloons and Minions. They fly into the core of the base often triggering Air Bombs and Seeking Air Mines to protect the much more fragile Balloons and Minions.
Clash of Clans Lava Hound Weakness
- Lava Hounds get destroyed rather quickly by single target Infernos.
- Lava Pups get destroyed by multi-target Infernos.
- They take a long time to train and take up a lot of camp space.
- Lava Hounds move much faster than Balloons, Dragons and Minions making them rather difficult to use when Air Defenses are closer to the core of the base.
Clash of Clans Lava Hound Upgrade Differences
- At level 1 and 2, the Lava Hound is brown with thin layers of orange lava underneath its skin.
- At level 3, the Lava Hounds wings become larger and the orange lava becomes prominent. The spikes along the Lava Hounds back also becomes a bright Orange lava color.
Clash of Clans Lava Hound Statistics
|Preferred Target||Attack Type||Housing Space||Training Time||Movement Speed||Attack Speed||Dark Barracks Level Required||Range|
|Air Defenses||Melee (Ground & Air)||30||45m||20||2s||6||1 tile|
|Level||Damage per Second||Damage per Attack||Lava Pups Spawned (After Death)||Hitpoints||Training Cost||Research Cost||Laboratory Level Required||Research Time|