“Set the Inferno Tower’s Dark Elixir fueled flame to build up unbelievable damage to single targets, or to constantly roast multiple targets at once. Healing effects get blocked by its extreme heat!”
Clash of Clans Inferno Tower Summary
- The Inferno Tower is unlocked at Town Hall 10.
- Similar to the X-Bow that uses Elixir to function, the Inferno Tower must be loaded with Dark Elixir in order to function.
- The Inferno Tower shoots streams of fire that can penetrate even the thickest armor.
- In single-target mode, the Inferno Tower causes progressive damage to a single target. The longer the tower stays locked on to the same target, the more damage it deals. Despite taking a few seconds to heat up, the single target Inferno is very effective against the high hit point troops such as Max Heroes, Golems, Lava Hounds, and P.E.K.K.As.
- In multiple targets mode, the Inferno Tower causes constant damage up to five targets at the same time.
- The loss of hit points while under attack by the Inferno Tower (in either single or multiple mode) can not able to be recovered, either by Healers or by the Healing Spell. Once the Inferno Tower is destroyed or the Troop is no longer being targeted by an Inferno Tower, the hit points can be recovered with a Healer or Healing Spell.
- You can tell if an Inferno Tower is in single or multiple target mode by looking at the top of the Tower. If it has flames coming out of one large hole, it’s in single target mode. If it has a sphere shape top with three small holes, it’s in multiple targets mode.
- The Inferno Tower doesn’t have a favorite target nor does it deal more damage to any particular troop.
- The visual difference between a loaded and empty Inferno Tower is very obvious. A loaded tower glows brightly with lava and flame, while an empty one is unlit, black stone.
Clash of Clans Inferno Tower Defensive Strategy
- The Inferno Tower in single-target mode is weak against large numbers of troops surrounding it (mass Barbarians, Archers, Skeletons). If you have an Inferno Tower on single target mode, make sure it is within range of a Mortar or a Wizard Tower so that it is defended against a rush of troops.
- When set in single-target mode, the Inferno Tower is tailor-made to destroy the most high hit point troops, such as Dragons, P.E.K.K.As, and Golems. It is a perfect complement to a Wizard Tower, which is very effective against large numbers of weaker troops, but struggles against those with heavy hit points. Positioning these two structures close to one another can substantially improve the effectiveness of both structures.
- The tower’s attack negates all healing on its targets, so it is best to place them near the most important structures like storages or the Town Hall.
- The multiple target mode can be used to easily and quickly eradicate groups of lower hit point troops.
- Never place your Inferno Towers too close together (or flush against opposite sides of your Town Hall. A single Freeze Spell will be able to freeze them both which minimizes their effectiveness.
Clash of Clans Inferno Tower Offensive Strategy
- When in single target mode, the Inferno Tower can be overwhelmed by large groups of weaker units, such as Archers. In the core, typically mass Balloons or Hog Riders are good strategies to quickly destroy the single target Inferno Tower.
- The Inferno Tower (especially in single-target mode) wreaks havoc with most common offensive strategies where heavy units go in first to distract defenses with light units following behind them. Letting your heavy troops get in range of it fiery attack spells certain doom for them, even high-level Heroes. A combination of Lightning Spells and a group of Minions may be the best way to get at the Inferno Tower if it is behind multiple Walls and defenses.
- Four level 4+ Lightning Spells will destroy a level 1 Inferno Tower. Five level 4+ Lightning Spells will destroy a level 2 Inferno Tower. Five level 5+ Lightning Spells will destroy a level 3 Inferno Tower.
- Small troops are stronger against the Inferno Tower in single-target mode, as every time it targets a new troop it will have to heat up again.
- Golems get destroyed in seconds by progressive damage of the Inferno.
- If you surround a Single Target Inferno with Archers or Barbarians it will be defeated very quickly since it can only target one unit at a time.
Clash of Clans Inferno Tower Upgrade Differences
- When initially constructed, the Inferno Tower consists of a tall, narrow tower of rocks straddling a glowing pool of lava. At the top of the Inferno Tower is a circular focusing lens, and a rectangular-shaped Dark Elixir reservoir is mounted on one side. A pool of lava flows at the bottom.
- At level 2, huge red flames are emitted from the focusing lens on the top of the tower, and the prominent sections of rock from the first level become gilded with a red overlay. The rock holding the lens becomes gold and the lens themselves become red and the fire overwhelms the ring.
- At level 3, its structural supports become thicker and gain gold-colored spikes, as well as the part below the focusing lens. Also, the structure that contains the fire becomes a hollow faceted frame.
Clash of Clans Inferno Tower Statistics
|Town Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10|
|Single Target Mode||Multiple Targets Mode|
|Level||Damge Per Second Initial||DPS After 1.5 S||DPS After 4.5 S||DPS Each Target||Number of Targets||HP||Cost To Load||Cost||Build Time||Experience Gained||Town Hall Level Required|
|Range||Attack Speed||Damage Type||Unit Type Targeted||Number of Rounds||Size|
|9||0.128s||Single Target||Ground & Air||750||2×2 tiles|
|9||0.128s||Multiple Targets||Ground & Air||750||2×2 tiles|