Clash of Clans Hog Rider Summary
- The Hog Riders often referred to as “Hogs” are the second troop unlocked by the Dark Barrack.
- A Hog Rider mounts a large boar/hog.
- Hog Riders are a ground unit that have the ability to jump over Walls.
- Similar to Giants, Hog Riders target defensive structures first and will ignore all other types of enemy buildings and troops while any defenses remain on the battlefield. You can predict the path of a Hog Rider because they will move to the next closest defense once a defensive structure is destroyed (Hidden Teslas will alter a Hog Rider’s path). will continue to target defenses even if they are under attack by enemy Clan Castle troops, heroes or Skeleton Trap skeletons (like all troops that prioritize defenses, Hogs do not consider the Clan Castle to be a defense regardless of whether or not it contains enemy troops.) Once all defenses are destroyed, Hog Riders become like any other troop with no preferred target; they will attack the nearest building to them regardless of type, and will turn and attack enemy units if they become aware of any nearby.
Clash of Clans Hog Rider Best Use
- Because of a Hog Rider’s speed an ability to jump walls, two or three Hog Riders released as the right angle targeting a defense within the Clan Castle range is a good way to lure out the opponents Clan Castle Troops.
- Hog Riders in bunches can quickly wipe out all the defenses in a village.
- Hog Riders are often best paired with Healing Spells
Clash of Clans Hog Rider Weakness
- Since Hog Riders only target defensive structures and ignore everything else, this makes them very vulnerable to Clan Castle troops. You must lure and destroy opponent Clan Castle troops to effectively use a large group of Giants.
- They only attack ground making them vulnerable to flying troops in Clan Castle.
- Hog Riders are vulnerable to Giant Bombs. Giant Bombs do 1.5 damage to Hog Riders. Often times bases are designed to protect against Hog Rider attacks by placing side by side Giant Bombs (also known as Double Giant Bombs or DGB). If triggered at the same time DGB will instantly kill all level Hog Riders. A single level 3 Giant Bomb will instantly kill level 2 Hog Riders and below
Clash of Clans Hog Rider Upgrade Differences
- At levels 1 and 2, the Hog Rider has a Black beard and Mohawk and a gold earring on his right ear. He wears two heavy golden wristbands, a brown loincloth and a red belt. His hammer has two brass bands.
- At levels 3 & 4, the Hog Rider’s hammer turns black and increases in size. The brass bands on the hammer is dropped in favor of a large golden knob.
- At level 5, the Hog Rider’s mohawk turns orange making it look similar to a level 5 Goblin.
Clash of Clans Hog Rider Statistics
|Preferred Target||Attack Type||Housing Space||Training Time||Movement Speed||Attack Speed||Dark Barracks Level Required||Range|
|Defenses||Melee (Ground Only)||5||2m||24||1s||2||0.6 tiles|
|Level||Damage per Second||Hitpoints||Training Cost||Research Cost||Laboratory Level Required||Research Time|