“Lay a deadly trap with the Hidden Tesla! Our Wizards have trapped a storm cloud into each of these sneaky towers. When an enemy walks or flies close enough, the tower springs up and fries it using the power of Electrickery!”
Clash of Clans Hidden Tesla Summary
- The Hidden Tesla is unlocked at Town Hall 7.
- The Hidden Tesla is a defensive building with a twist: Similar to a Spring Trap or Bomb, it stays hidden and appears when a ground or air unit gets close, or when 51% of the base is destroyed. However, unlike a Trap, it does not have to be rearmed after being deployed. Hidden Teslas are not traps. Their aesthetics trick some into believing that they are traps, but they’re actually permanent structures just like any other defensive building.
- A major source of confusion regarding the Hidden Tesla is that while it has a range of 7, it has a trigger range of 6. The Hidden Tesla will not appear unless the enemy units come within its 6-tile trigger range. The only exception to this rule is that Hidden Teslas will reveal themselves once a base has incurred at least 51% damage, as they must be destroyed (along with all other buildings) in order to achieve 3 stars. Once the Hidden Tesla is revealed, it will stay visible and attack units out to its maximum range of 7 tiles until it is destroyed.
- The Tesla deals double damage to P.E.K.K.As and prioritizes them over other troops. Although the Hidden Tesla prioritizes P.E.K.K.As, if it is attacking another troop and a P.E.K.K.A enters its range, it will not attack the P.E.K.K.A until the troop it is attacking is destroyed, or the troop that was under attack by the Hidden Tesla leaves the defending radius of the Hidden Tesla.
- A max-level Hidden Tesla deals the most constant damage of any defensive building that can target both ground and air troops, beating out the max-level Archer Tower by 1 DPS.
- Lightning Spells, Freeze Spells, and Earthquake Spells cannot harm a Hidden Tesla if it has not yet been revealed.
- Defense-targeting Troops (e.g. Giants) will not target a Tesla until it is revealed, even if all other defenses are destroyed.
- The location of a Hidden Tesla is known to everyone viewing your base when it is being upgraded. It’s a good idea to relocated it to a far corner during the upgrade period.
- Although a Hidden Tesla being upgraded is no longer invisible, it still keeps prevents troops from being spawned in the area and also affects the path of defense targeting troops.
Clash of Clans Hidden Tesla Defensive Strategy
- Some players place their Hidden Teslas usually with traps near their exposed Town Hall to mock snipers or make them use most of their troops to prevent them from taking the loot lately.
- The main advantage of the Hidden Tesla is that it is (hopefully) a surprise. A well-placed Hidden Tesla can wreak havoc on an attacker’s offensive strategy by changing a predicted path of Defense targeting troops (Golem, Giant, Balloons and Hog Riders).
- Hidden Teslas creates an open 2×2 gap within a base. From an attacker’s point of view, this gap can be either a hidden Tesla or a Giant Bomb. A well designed base will have multiple 2×2 gaps to keep attackers guessing what’s truly hidden in the gap. Many players design their villages such that it has only as many 2×2 open spaces within its layout as it has Hidden Teslas (and possibly Giant Bombs) available, which makes it obvious where they are located. Instead, try to make sure that there are a few different places where Hidden Teslas could be lurking.
- A good strategy is to create “dummy” 2×2 open spaces to make the enemy think they know where your Hidden Teslas are. For example, you unlock 2 Hidden Teslas at Town Hall 7. You could create two empty 2×2 spaces in your base which are actually empty, while deploying your Hidden Teslas elsewhere, increasing the chances of surprising your opponent.
- Common around Crystal League, players put their Hidden Teslas beside an exposed Town Hall and gain some Trophies from unprepared snipers.
- To defend against P.E.K.K.A based attacks in clan wars or trophy pushing, one can surround their Town Hall inside their base with all of their available Hidden Teslas. Three or four Hidden Teslas will quickly destroy one or two P.E.K.K.As as they stream into the core. However, it will be evident to a vigilant attacker if this strategy is being used (gaps beside the Town Hall are fairly obvious) and will remove the advantage of surprise.
- Some players put Hidden Teslas in the far corner of a base in hopes that it will help avoid getting 3 starred since troops may not be able to make it to the corner in time. This works slightly better than putting structures in the corner of your base because the Tesla is hidden at the start of the battle. Since there are multiple attacks in War Attacks, this strategy doesn’t work as well because someone cleaning up after the initial attack will be able to plan their attack accordingly.
Clash of Clans Hidden Tesla Offensive Strategy
- Before attacking, look for obvious places where a Hidden Tesla might be located, and avoid them. Hidden Teslas will only activate when Troops come close to them. If one happens to trigger, keep in mind that it has a low range. If you cannot destroy it easily, avoid deploying more Troops near it if possible, as Hidden Teslas can deal high amounts of damage.
- One Giant and a few Archers can easily destroy a Hidden Tesla, as it has relatively low health.
- If you have the opportunity to observe a village prior to attacking, such as when planning a revenge, then watch the Villagers. They can reveal the location of Hidden Teslas by walking up to the “empty” spot where the Tesla is hidden and clapping.
- Often times people place Hidden Teslas near an exposed Town Hall trying to Troll Town Hall Snipers. If this happens drop a bunch of Barbarians first to tank the Hidden Tesla’s attack and then drop Archers quickly behind the Barbarians for additional damage support.
Clash of Clans Hidden Tesla Upgrade Differences
- When initially constructed, the Hidden Tesla consists of a tall and slender wooden lattice structure with a wire coiled up along one of the support. The top of the tower has a metal conducting rod protruding from it. On each side of the Tesla’s base are what appear to be open trapdoors, evidence of the fact that it buries oneself under the ground until an enemy comes through.
- At levels 2 and 3 the Hidden Teslas gain additional metal conductors hanging down from the top of the tower and a second wire coiled at the support on the opposite side of the tower.
- At level 4, the Hidden Tesla acquires a Tesla coil at the top.
- At level 5, the metal conductor pieces turn golden yellow and a third coil of wire appears on the front support.
- At level 6, the Tesla coil itself turns golden as well.
- At level 7, the Hidden Tesla replaces the Tesla coil with a set of massive horizontal bronze rings. The three smaller wire coils on the tower supports are replaced with a very thick coil of wire running up the front support. When the Tesla fires, the rings glow a steady blue.
- At level 8, the Hidden Tesla replaces the horizontal bronze rings with a set of transformer coils and is black with a yellow glow in the middle. More wires appear wrapped around the building and zaps of electricity jump from the tower several times per minute.
Clash of Clans Hidden Tesla Statistics
|Town Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10|
|Level||Damage Per Second||Damage per Shot||Hitpoints||Cost||Build Time||Experience Gained||Town Hall Level Required|
|Range||Attack Speed||Damage Type||Unit Type Targeted||Favorite Target||Size|
|6 then 7||0.6s||Single Target||Ground & Air||P.E.K.K.A||2×2 tiles|