“All your precious gold is stored here. Don’t let sneaky goblins anywhere near! Upgrade the storage to increase its capacity and durability against attack. All resource storages are immune to spell damage!”
Clash of Clans Gold Storage Summary
- The Gold Storage is unlocked at Town Hall 1.
- The Gold Storage allows you to save your hard earned Gold so that you can use it for future upgrades.
- While a maximum-level storage unit is capable of storing 2 million Gold, the amount of gold an attacker may loot (steal) depends on the defender’s Town Hall level (See Loot Percentage and Storage CAP below).
- When Gold Storages are full, any Gold gained from raids will not go into your Gold Storage. It will count to the total amount of loot stolen from the player and it will also count toward the Gold Grab Achievement.
- Gold Storages are still fully functional while being upgraded.
- Upgrading Gold Storages to a higher level than you require for storage purposes can potentially save Gold in a raid. As an attacker receives an amount of Gold proportional to the percentage of damage each hit causes. The higher health of the upgraded building results in less Gold per hit. It also takes longer to destroy, giving you more time for your defenses to destroy the attacker before they can steal all the available Gold.
- Although it stores Gold, it is upgraded with Elixir.
- Storages are completely immune to the effects of the Lightning and Earthquake spell.
Clash of Clans Gold Storage Defensive Strategy
- Most people put Gold Storages well inside of Walls to highly protect your hard earned Gold.
- Typically it’s ideal to spread your Gold Storages in different compartments so that troops have to fight through several layers of walls to steal all your Gold. This is a very typical design in most Farming Bases.
- There is no need to protect Gold Storages in your war base since your resources can not be stolen in Clan War Attacks. With this being the case, it’s ideal to put Storages in different positions to protect important defenses. One example is in Town Hall 8 War Base Designs, it typical to put Storages next to Air Defenses to slow down Dragons.
Clash of Clans Gold Storage Offensive Strategy
- Since Gold Storages are often times well guarded, it usually takes a full army to break into the core to steal the Gold.
- You can tell how full a Gold Storage is buy looking at how full the Gold is collected inside the glass container.
- It’s best to spend your time finding full Gold Storages to raid due to the time it takes to build your troops. It’s time and cost efficient to hit the next button to find more Gold stored in Gold Storages rather than settle for a base that has minimal Gold.
Clash of Clans Gold Storage Upgrade Differences
- When initially constructed, the Gold Storage consists of a square open-top wooden repository with raised wooden corners. It is reinforced around the base by a single steel band with small brass rivets.
- At level 2, the Storage grows slightly taller, adding a pair of small steps on one side and a steel door on the other. A second steel reinforcing band appears as well.
- At level 3, the Storage grows taller and adds a third steel reinforcing band. The two small steps are replaced with a short stepladder.
- The level 4 Gold Storage is slightly taller than the level 3 storage still with a fourth steel band and a taller stepladder.
- At level 5, the four steel bands are replaced with a solid metal base (although the top is still made of wood). Armor plating appears at the base of the four corners of the structure. The stepladder is replaced by steel rungs and a padlock appears on the steel door.
- At level 6, the Storage grows taller and a new steel band appears above the metal base.
- At level 7, it receives additional reinforcement on the four corners.
- At level 8, it grows taller once again and the armor plating on the corners receives metal spikes.
- At level 9, the Storage grows in height again. It receives a second steel reinforcing band above the metal base. The armor plating on the corners grows wider with additional spikes.
- At level 10, all the remaining wood is replaced by metal. The flat sides of the Storage receive spiked brass armor plating, while the corners retain their spiked steel reinforcements. These reinforcements now extend the length of the structure. The gray metal padlock on the door is replaced by a pair of brass padlocks.
- At level 11, the top halves of the corner reinforcements are replaced with spiked brass armor and the four corners receive huge vertical golden spikes.
Clash of Clans Gold Storage Statistics
|Town Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10|
|Level||Storage Capacity||Hitpoints||Build Cost||Build Time||Experience Gained||Town Hall Level Required|
|Gold Storage-Percent Raidable by Town Hall Level|
|Town Hall Level||% Available to be Stolen||Cap||Storage Amount to Reach Cap|