“These big guys may seem clam, but show them a turret or cannon and you’ll see their fury unleashed! Slow yet durable, these warriors are best used to soak up hits.”
Clash of Clans Giant Summary
- The Giant is the third troop unlocked by the Barracks.
- Giants target defensive structures first and will ignore all other types of enemy buildings and troops while any defenses remain on the battlefield. You can predict the path of a Giant because they will move to the next closest defense once a defensive structure is destroyed (Hidden Teslas will alter a Giants path). Giants will continue to target defenses even if they are under attack by enemy Clan Castle troops, heroes or Skeleton Trap skeletons (Like all troops that prioritize defenses, Giants do not consider the Clan Castle to be a defense regardless of whether or not it contains enemy troops.) Once all defenses are destroyed, Giants become like any other troop with no preferred target; they will attack the nearest building to them regardless of type, and will turn and attack enemy units if they become aware of any nearby.
Clash of Clans Giant Best Use
- The Giant’s relatively high hitpoints makes them great shields to provide protection to weaker troops with high attack damage such as wizards. 8 to 10 Giants are great to have in your army camp for raiding. Dropping giants along with a few Wall Breakers will protect one side of an attack. Dropping Barbarians, Wizards and Archers behind the Giants quickly will easily penetrate into the core of a base.
- 1 or 2 Giants are great to use to pull Clan Castle troops that are fairly centralized. Often times, a small sliver of a Clan Castle range reaches just outside outer walls. By sending 1 Giant in, he will walk up to the wall and enter the Clan Castle range and start pulling out troops. With his high hitpoints, he will stay in the CC range for a fairly long time before being destroyed and will usually pull out most, if not all, of the Clan Castle troops.
- After pulling Clan Castle troops to the side, a single Giant dropped first can distract the opponents troops. If you quickly drop Barbarians, Archers and Wizards behind the Giant, they can quickly and efficiently destroy the opponents Clan Castle.
- At lower Town Hall levels, Giants play a crucial role in War attacks. They work best with Heal Spells and Healers. Since they do not provide much attacking power, they must be quickly supported by Barbarians, Wizards and Archers.
- Giants are great to use against multi target Infernos. Since Giants target defenses, they will usually travel in front and absorb Inferno damage first to protect Wizards allowing them more time to deal heavier attack damage.
- How you position Giants is important. You want to place them in a position that absorbs as many defensive attacks along one side. Their main purpose is to protect troops that provide heavier attacks.
Clash of Clans Giant Weakness
- Giants have very low damage per attack relative to their housing space which makes them ineffective to destroy a whole village on their own.
- Since Giants only target defensive structures and ignore everything else, this makes them very vulnerable to Clan Castle troops. You must lure and destroy opponent Clan Castle troops to effectively use a large group of Giants.
- Gets stuck on walls when it can’t reach a defense.
- Giants usually move ahead of other troops since they typically ignore perimeter structures and often times will group up making them easy targets for Spring Traps (if grouped, each spring trap will toss 3 Giants).
- They only attack ground making them vulnerable to flying troops in Clan Castle.
- Fairly expensive troop and takes some time to train.
Clash of Clans Giant Upgrade Differences
- At level 1 & 2, the Giant wears a brown tunic with a red belt and copper buckle around his waist.
- At level 3 & 4, the Giant gains iron cuffs around his arms and iron knuckles on his hands.
- At level 5, the Giant loses the dark metal cuffs and knuckles in favor of golden cuffs and knuckles
- At level 6, the Giant upgrades his cuffs and knuckles to a black metal. He also grows a long, thick red beard and wears a black feathered cape.
- At level 7, the Giant acquires a golden chest plate underneath its brown tunic that reaches to its shoulders.
Clash of Clans Giant Statistics
|Preferred Target||Attack Type||Housing Space||Training Time||Movement Speed||Attack Speed||Barracks Level Required||Range|
|Defenses||Melee (Ground Only)||5||2m||12||2s||3||1 tile|
|Level||Damage per Second||DAMAGE PER Attack||Hitpoints||Training Cost||Research Cost||Laboratory Level Required||Research Time|