“These storages contain the elixir pumped from underground. Upgrade them to increase the maximum amount of elixir you can store. All resource storages are immune to spell damage!”
Clash of Clans Elixir Storage Summary
- The Elixir Storage is unlocked at Town Hall 1.
- The Elixir Storage allows you to save your hard earned Elixir so that you can use it for future upgrades.
- While a maximum-level storage unit is capable of storing 2 million Elixir, the amount of elixir an attacker may loot (steal) depends on the defender’s Town Hall level (See Loot Percentage and Storage CAP below). When Elixir Storages are full, any Elixir gained from raids will not go into your Elixir Storage. It will count to the total amount of loot stolen from the player and it will also count toward the Elixir Escapade Achievement.
- Elixir Storages are still fully functional while being upgraded.
- Upgrading Elixir Storages to a higher level than you require for storage purposes can potentially save Elixir in a raid. As an attacker receives an amount of Elixir proportional to the percentage of damage each hit causes. The higher health of the upgraded building results in less Elixir per hit. It also takes longer to destroy, giving you more time for your defenses to destroy the attacker before they can steal all the available Elixir.
- Although it stores Elixir, it is upgraded with Gold.
- Storages are completely immune to the effects of the Lightning and Earthquake spell.
Clash of Clans Elixir Storage Defensive Strategy
- Most people put Elixir Storages well inside of Walls to highly protect your hard earned Elixir.
- Typically it’s ideal to spread your Elixir Storages in different compartments so that troops have to fight through several layers of walls to steal all your Elixir. This is a very typical design in most Farming Bases.
- There is no need to protect Elixir Storages in your war base since your resources can not be stolen in Clan War Attacks. With this being the case, it’s ideal to put Storages in different positions to protect important defenses. One example is in Town Hall 8 War Base Designs, it typical to put Storages next to Air Defenses to slow down Dragons.
Clash of Clans Elixir Storage Offensive Strategy
- Since Elixir Storages are often times well guarded, it usually takes a full army to break into the core to steal the Elixir.
- You can tell how full an Elixir Storage is buy looking at how full the Elixir is collected inside the glass container.
- It’s best to spend your time finding full Elixir Storages to raid due to the time it takes to build your troops. It’s time and cost efficient to hit the next button to find more Elixir stored in Elixir Storages rather than settle for a base that has minimal Elixir.
Clash of Clans Elixir Storage Upgrade Differences
- When initially constructed, the Elixir Storage consists of a stoppered spherical storage vessel supported by a pair of wooden stakes.
- At level 2, a 2nd vessel is added.
- At level 3, a 3rd vessel is added.
- At level 4, a 4th vessel is added.
- At level 5, the multiple small vessels are discarded in place of a single larger storage container.
- At level 6, the container grows larger.
- At level 7, the container grows even larger.
- At level 8, the container grows larger yet again.
- At level 9, the two wooden support stakes are removed in favor of four golden yellow footings. The vessel’s stopper is also replaced by a gray metal spigot near the base of the vessel.
- At level 10, the four footings received spiked armor plating on each corner.
- At level 11, the Storage gains a spiked metal band around the waist of the vessel.
Clash of Clans Elixir Storage Statistics
|Town Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10|
|Level||Storage Capacity||Hitpoints||Build Cost||Build Time||Experience Gained||Town Hall Level Required|
|Elixir Storage-Percent Raidable by Town Hall Level|
|Town Hall Level||% Available to be Stolen||Cap||Storage Amount to Reach Cap|