“Elixir is pumped from Ley Lines coursing underneath your village. Upgrade your Elixir Collectors to maximize elixir production.”
Clash of Clans Elixir Collector Summary
- The Elixir Collector is unlocked at Town Hall 1.
- The Elixir Collector collects Elixir from an unlimited underground reserve and stores it until collected by the player and placed into an Elixir Storage. When the collector is full, production will be stopped until it is collected (or when capacity is reduced by a raid from an enemy player).
- The production rate and storage capacity depends on the level of the Elixir Collector. You can estimate the amount of resources in the Collector by looking at how full the tank appears.
- When you choose to upgrade an Elixir Collector, it will automatically collect any uncollected Elixir. If your Elixir Storages are full at that time, the uncollected Elixir will be lost!
- During the upgrade the Collector stops producing Elixir.
- Once the Elixir Collector is level 5, you can temporarily boost its production with Gems. Spending Gems will double the Collector’s production for 1 day.
- Attackers can steal up to 50% of the uncollected Elixir in your Collector.
- If an Elixir Collector is destroyed in an attack while it is being upgraded, no Elixir will be lost, as the mine is empty during this time.
- It takes 15 days, 21 hours, 20 minutes and 10 seconds to fully upgrade the Elixir Collector.
Clash of Clans Elixir Collector Defensive Strategy
- Most people put Elixir Collectors outside of Walls, so they can act as a distraction to units such as Barbarians and Archers. This works well if you collect your resources often.
- Having too many uncollected resources will make you a more attractive target.
- There is no need to protect Elixir Collectors in your war base since your resources can not be stolen in Clan War Attacks.
Clash of Clans Elixir Collector Offensive Strategy
- Pay careful attention to the location of Elixir Collectors and defenses behind them when planning your attack. Elixir Collectors are usually only marginally protected and can be quite lucrative, especially at high levels when it hasn’t been collected in a while. Often times a single Archer can be placed in such a way that it can destroy an Elixir Collector while standing clear of any defenses.
- In War Attacks, Elixir Collectors are often placed on the exterior of the base. Properly destroying these outer structures and funneling your troops is important when attacking with troops that do not have a favorite target such as Dragons and P.E.K.K.As.
Clash of Clans Elixir Collector Upgrade Differences
- When initially constructed, the Elixir Collector consists of a large, transparent cylindrical vat standing vertically on a wooden base. A long and narrow metal tube extends from the top of the vat and bends down to a small brass pump with shutoff valve embedded in the ground. Elixir periodically bubbles out of the air vent at the top of the vat.
- At level 2, a second narrow metal tube appears and the brass pump grows larger.
- At level 3 and 4, additional tubes are added with the pump increasing in size.
- At level 5, the four narrow metal tubes are replaced with a single larger diameter tube and the brass pump and shutoff valve moves to the opposite side of the collector. The shutoff valves’ wheel grows much larger as well. A flat metal skirt appears around the base of the collector.
- At level 6, a second, smaller metal tube appears. It connects to a smaller (valveless) pump on the opposite side of the collector.
- At level 7, the Elixir Collector adds another smaller tube.
- At level 8, the two smaller tubes on the left side of the collector are replaced with a single large-diameter tube that joins the original tube at the top of the collector. The second pump on the left side of the collector receives a small shutoff valve wheel.
- At level 9, the wooden cap on the cylindrical vat is replaced with a brass cap. The collector gets a third large tube coming from the back and a brass reinforcing bar appears on the front of the vat.
- At level 10, the top of the collector receives a large brass junction where all the tubing enters. Two additional large-diameter tubes are added for a total of five. Shutoff valves are visible on three of the tubes along with the top of the junction. Additional reinforcing bars appear on the front of the vat.
- At level 11, the shutoff valve on the top of the vat disappears, replaced by still more tubing. The reinforcing bars are replaced with wide brass reinforcing plates that nearly cover the entire vat.
- At level 12, the tubes on the sides and back become larger and spikes are added to the top. The small pipe in front of the collector is moved to the back. On the top, there are now three tubes instead of two and more bolts are added to the top and the front.
Clash of Clans Elixir Collector Statistics
|Town Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10|
|Level||build Cost||Build Time||Experience Gained||Boost Cost (Gems)||Capacity||Production Rate||Hitpoints||Time to Fill||Catch-Up Point*||Town Hall Level Required|
|4||1,400||1h||60||N/A||2,500||800/hr||520||3h 7m 30s||3h||2|
|6||7,000||6h||146||5||20,000||1,300/hr||600||15h 23m 5s||20h||3|
|7||14,000||12h||207||6||30,000||1,600/hr||640||18h 45m||2d 4h||4|
|8||28,000||1d||293||7||50,000||1,900/hr||680||1d 2h 18m 57s||5d 8h||4|
|9||56,000||2d||415||8||75,000||2,200/hr||720||1d 10h 5m 27s||12d 16h||5|
|12||336,000||5d||657||10||200,000||3,500/hr||960||2d 9h 8m 34s||30d||8|
*The Catch-Up Point is the time in takes a newly upgraded Elixir Collector to equal the total production of the collector had it not been upgraded (Elixir lost during down time). This does not consider recovering the cost of the Gold required to perform the upgrade. (The Catch-Up Point calculation assumes that the player collects all resources from the Elixir Collector without allowing it to reach its storage capacity, as resource production ceases at that point. This is more of a concern at lower levels where the capacity is limited and Time to Fill is relatively short. If the player is unable to regularly collect and achieve the full potential of the collector, the Catch-Up Point is actually shorter and performing the upgrade becomes more advantageous.)