“The power of Dark Elixir could not be contained in a regularly shaped Elixir vat. As it’s three times as powerful, we had to invent a cubical form of storage! All resource storages are immune to spell damage!”
Clash of Clans Dark Elixir Storage Summary
- The Dark Elixir Storage is unlocked at Town Hall 7.
- The Dark Elixir Storage allows you to save your hard earned Dark Elixir so that you can use it for future upgrades.
- While a maximum-level storage unit is capable of storing 200,000 Dark Elixir, the amount of Dark Elixir an attacker may loot (steal) depends on the defender’s Town Hall level (See Loot Percentage and Storage CAP below). When Dark Elixir Storages are full, any Dark Elixir gained from raids will not go into your Dark Elixir Storage. It will count to the total amount of loot stolen from the player and it will also count toward the Heroic Heist Achievement.
- Dark Elixir Storages are still fully functional while being upgraded.
- Upgrading Dark Elixir Storages to a higher level than you require for storage purposes can potentially save Dark Elixir in a raid. As an attacker receives an amount of Dark Elixir proportional to the percentage of damage each hit causes. The higher health of the upgraded building results in less Dark Elixir per hit. It also takes longer to destroy, giving you more time for your defenses to destroy the attacker before they can steal all the available Dark Elixir.
- Although it stores Dark Elixir, it is upgraded with Elixir.
- Storages are completely immune to the effects of the Lightning and Earthquake spell.
Clash of Clans Dark Elixir Storage Defensive Strategy
- Most people put Dark Elixir Storages well inside of Walls near the core of the base to highly protect your hard earned Dark Elixir.
- There is no need to protect Dark Elixir Storages in your war base since your resources can not be stolen in Clan War Attacks. With this being the case, it’s ideal to put Storages in different positions to protect important defenses. One example is in Town Hall 8 War Base Designs, it typical to put Storages next to Air Defenses to slow down Dragons.
Clash of Clans Dark Elixir Storage Offensive Strategy
- Since Dark Elixir Storages are often times the most well guarded storage, it usually takes a full army to break into the core to steal the Elixir.
- You can tell how full a Dark Elixir Storage is buy looking at how full the Dark Elixir is collected inside the glass container.
- It’s best to spend your time finding full Dark Elixir Storages to raid due to the time it takes to build your troops. It iss time and cost efficient to hit the next button to find more Dark Elixir stored in Dark Elixir Storages rather than settle for a base that has minimal Dark Elixir.
Clash of Clans Dark Elixir Storage Upgrade Differences
- When initially constructed, the Dark Elixir Storage consists of a transparent and slightly rounded cubical storage vessel situated on a four-legged wooden platform. There appears to be a small square opening at the top of the storage. It is stated that this storage had to resemble a cube due to the Dark Elixir’s power.
- At level 2, the Storage adds a brass frame to the top of the vessel and a metal spigot at the base.
- At level 3, the Storage grows substantially in size and both the wooden platform and brass frame are replaced by versions made of steel.
- At level 4, the Storage gains dark gold legs and a larger and slightly different tap.
- At level 5, the Storage receives spiked steel armor plating on each of the four corners of the base.
- At level 6, these armor plates become slightly wider with a pair of small golden spikes on each and the steel frame atop the vessel turns golden as well.
Clash of Clans Dark Elixir Storage Statistics
|Town Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10|
|Level||Storage Capacity||Hitpoints||Build Cost||Build Time||Experience Gained||Town Hall Level Required|
|Dark Elixir Storage-Percent Raidable by Town Hall Level|
|Town Hall Level||% Available to be Stolen||Cap||Storage Amount to Reach Cap|