Clash of Clans Dark Barracks Summary
- The Dark Barracks is unlocked at Town Hall 7.
- Dark Barracks allow you to train Dark Elixir Troops using Dark Elixir. These troops will be stationed in Army Camps.
- The Dark Barracks functions identically to the normal Barracks, except for the fact that it uses Dark Elixir instead of Elixir.
- Dark Barracks are unable to function while being upgraded, considerably increasing the time it takes to train your armies; this should be taken into consideration when deciding to upgrade a Dark Barracks. Any Troops that are queued up inside will start training when the upgrade has been finished.
- Once you have queued Troops in your Dark Barracks, you can instantly complete their training with Gems; the amount required is directly proportional to the amount of time remaining to finish training normally.
- There is also an option to boost Troop production for 2 hours. The boost option costs 10 Gems and will increase the training speed of the boosted Dark Barracks by a factor of 4. The boost timer will continue to count down even if you aren’t making troops, so don’t boost your Dark Barracks until you are ready to use it. When you click to boost the Dark Barracks a clock appears for a few seconds.
- Similar to the normal Barracks, Troops may be removed from the Dark Barracks training queue at no penalty; 100% of the Dark Elixir cost will be refunded to you.
- You may queue more Troops than your Army Camps can hold. This is useful for two reasons:
- You may queue Troops prior to engaging in combat (either single-player or multiplayer). Your Dark Barracks will begin creating Troops proportional to the amount of time you spent from when you start searching for opponent to completing an attack, significantly reducing your downtime between battles.
- You may queue Troops to ‘hide’ Dark Elixir while you are offline, as long as your Army Camps are full. Currently up to at least 5,030 Dark Elixir can be hidden in this fashion (seven level 2 Witches and one level 5 Hog Rider in each of the two level 6 Dark Barracks). When you return you simply un-queue all of your Dark Barracks to reclaim your hidden Dark Elixir.
- A Dark Barracks will maintain its queue if destroyed by enemy Troops, and will even continue to produce new units if your Army Camps have sufficient space.
- If your Dark Barracks is upgraded while training Dark Troops, the Troops cannot be finished until after the upgrade! The Dark Elixir you spent to queue them will be unavailable as well, as the Troops cannot be un-queued until that time, either.
- If you have any Troops queued up inside a Dark Barracks while is it being upgraded, they will not count toward the “Troop capacity after training” calculation until the upgrade finishes.
- If a Troop upgrade finishes in your Laboratory while you have that particular Troop type queued in your Dark Barracks, the units within that queue will be produced at the newly upgraded level, even though they were queued at the previous level’s cost. This holds true even if you un-queue the Troops without producing them; you will be credited the newly upgraded Troop cost in Dark Elixir. Many players take advantage of this by filling their Dark Barracks queues with Troops that are about to be upgraded, un-queuing them after the upgrade finishes and pocketing some free Dark Elixir.
Clash of Clans Dark Barracks Defensive Strategy
- Since Dark Troops can not be destroyed when the Dark Barracks is destroyed, the Dark Barracks is typically placed outside of Walls near the perimeter of the base as an initial line of defensive distraction against enemy troops.
Clash of Clans Dark Barracks Offensive Strategy
- Each Dark Troop created in the Dark Barracks has it’s unique advantage. Visit each of their individual pages for best offensive strategies and tips on how to use each Dark Troop.
Clash of Clans Dark Barracks Upgrade Differences
- When initially constructed, the Dark Barracks look much like a normal Barracks, but has an axe and hammer on the top and a stone doorway that leads underground. It also has a spell casting bowl filled with Dark Elixir, possibly referring to the Dark Elixir spat out by Minions. It also has dark crystals on the left and right corners.
- At level 2, spikes hang down from the doorway and the front pillars turn to stone. The Dark Barracks gets put on a stone base and the bowl gets replaced with a rack holding a hammer and a blue-bladed sword representing the ability to train Hog Riders.
- At level 3, the front pillars turn to black crystal and it gets a two-tiered stone base. The rack turns into a wooden target with an axe stuck in it referencing the ability to train Valkyrie.
- At level 4, the bottom of the front pillars get the same red material as the roof. Replacing the wooden throwing target is a Golem’s arm jutting out from a rock referencing the ability to train Golems. The crystals at the corners are removed.
- At level 5, the top gain skulls representing the skull of the Witch’s staff and the second tier of the base turns a golden/copper color. The Golem hand from level 4 is replaced with a trio of sticks with torn blue cloth hung between them referencing the ability to train Witches.
- At level 6, the Dark Barracks gains a lava flow on the left side, and the skeletons heads on top are replaced by a single Lava Hound skull with a small pair of wings set around it referencing the ability to train Lava Hounds. The base of the building turns red and lava can be seen around part of the base.
Clash of Clans Dark Barracks Statistics
|Town Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10|
|Level||Build Cost||Build Time||Experience Gained||Boost Cost||Hitpoints||Maximum Unit Queue Length||Town Hall Level Required||Unlocked Troop|
|2||1,250,000||5 days||657||10||550||50||7||Hog Rider|
|6||3,500,000||9 days||881||10||900||90||9||Lava Hound|