Clash of Clans Builder’s Hut Summary
- For every Builder’s Hut you have, you can upgrade one structure in your village.
- At the end of the tutorial you have two Builder’s Hut.
- You need Builders to construct and upgrade Buildings, Walls and to clear Obstacles. They are also required to place and upgrade Heroes.
- Builder’s Huts can be built without a free Builder.
- Early in the game, upgrades do not take too much time so having a 2 Builder’s Hut is fine, but once upgrades start to take over 24 hours, having more Builder Hut’s will help you progress in the game faster.
- The first Builder’s Hut is already constructed when you begin playing the game for the first time.
- The second Builder’s Hut costs 250 Gems and is required to be built during the tutorial. It will use half of your initial allotment of 500 Gems.
- The third Builder’s Hut costs 500 Gems. There are generally two ways to acquire the third Builder’s Hut:
- 500 Gems can be purchased for US$4.99.
- Save up 500 Gems by completing Achievements and removing Obstacles. If you don’t spend gems early on in the game, the fastest way to your third Builder’s Hut is by Trophy Pushing to 1,250 Trophies and finishing the “Sweet Victory” Achievement. In the process of Achieving this Achievement you will gain 465 Gems which can allow you to purchase your 3rd Builder’s Hut.
- The fourth Builder’s Hut costs 1,000 Gems (you must already own the third). There are generally two ways to acquire the fourth Builder’s Hut:
- 1,000 Gems can be purchased for US$9.99.
- Save up 1,000 Gems by completing Achievements and removing Obstacles. The fastest way to your fourth Builder’s Hut is by Trophy Pushing to Master League (2,600 Trophies) and getting the second star in the “League All-Star” Achievement. In the process of getting your 2nd star in this Achievement, you will gain 1,250 Gems which can allow you to purchase your 4th Builder’s Hut.
- The fifth Builder’s Hut costs 2,000 Gems (you must already own the fourth). There are generally two ways to acquire the fourth Builder’s Hut:
- 2,000 Gems can be purchased for US$19.99.
- Save up 2,000 Gems by completing Achievements and removing Obstacles. The fastest way to your fifth Builder’s Hut is by Trophy Pushing to Champion League (2,600 Trophies) and completing the “League All-Star” Achievement. By getting your 3rd star in this Achievement, you will gain 2,00 Gems which can allow you to purchase your 5th Builder’s Hut.
- It is possible to save up enough Gems to build all five Builder’s Huts without spending money. There are a total of 8,687 Gems available via Achievements which means collecting all the Achievements will give you enough Gems. There is also an unlimited amount of gems obtainable by clearing Obstacles such as plants and rocks (plants regrow every 8 hours).
- Although classified as a Resource Building, Goblins do not preferentially target the Builder’s Hut, nor do they cause double damage when attacking it.
Clash of Clans Builder’s Hut Defensive Strategy
- You can put your Builder’s Huts in the very corners of your village to try and waste the opponents’ time getting to them when attacking. Often times attackers will use all troops to attack the core of the base. If the attack takes long enough, the remaining troops may not have enough time to walk to each corner and destroy the remaining Builder’s Hut which might mean the difference between a 2-star defeat instead of a 3-star one.
- Builder’s Huts can be used like Walls or other buildings to push back the no-spawn zone of Troops.
- They can also be used to lead enemy troops a more desirable direction (for the defender). Because units with no preferred target simply attack the next closest building once they have destroyed their current target, you can strategically place Builder’s Huts to ensure that these troops find a string of closer buildings leading away from high-value targets such as Mortars and Air Defenses.
Clash of Clans Builder’s Hut Offensive Strategy
- Attackers should look for Builder’s Huts or other buildings in corners and may combat this by placing one or two Barbarians or Archers at each building at the start of a battle.
- They can also use those corners to lure clan castle troops without the lone archer being picked off.
Clash of Clans Builder’s Hut Upgrade Differences
- On top of the hut, there is a hammer and saw which represents the Builders.
- The hammer on top of the hut is not reflective of the hammer used by the Builder, and remains there even when the builder is working.
- You cannot upgrade the Builder’s Hut so there is no upgrade differences.
Clash of Clans Builder’s Hut Statistics
|Builder #||Hitpoints||Cost To Build (Gems)||Build time||Size|