“Nothing says ‘STAY OUT’ quite like a good old-fashioned hidden bomb.“
Clash of Clans Bomb Summary
- The Bomb is unlocked at Town Hall 3.
- Bombs are inexpensive traps that remain hidden until they are set off by an attacking troop moving into their trigger range.
- Once triggered, Bombs must be re-armed for a small fee in order to be active again during the next enemy raid. For example, if one’s village successfully defends against an attack but several Bombs are triggered, then any attacks after that will not have to deal with those Bombs until they are re-armed.
- Although they are the weakest of all the Traps, Bombs can still have a positive impact on the effectiveness of a village’s defense if properly placed. But only if they are always re-armed after triggering.
- Even though Bombs are classified as “Defensive Buildings”, they are not buildings and do not need to be triggered/destroyed for your enemy to reach 100% destruction (nor do they count toward it).
- The Bomb explodes approximately 1.5 seconds after an enemy comes within 1 tile of it, causing splash damage to every enemy ground troop within 3 tiles. This delay means that you’ll want to place the bomb in an area where troops are likely to remain for a period of time, like right next to a building they’re attacking or a wall where troops will pause at.
- A single Bomb will not do a great deal of damage to even the weakest of Troops (although every bit helps). However, several Bombs in a cluster can significantly damage or even destroy an entire group of Archers or Goblins.
- After exploding, the Bomb leaves a black scorched mark on the ground, and it fades away after a few seconds.
Clash of Clans Bomb Defensive Strategy
- One defensive strategy commonly used for the placement of Bombs is to position them along the outside wall behind external buildings. The external buildings serve to delay the enemy troops until they’ve grouped up so that when they attack the wall, the bomb hits many troops at once. This is most effective against Barbarian, Archers and Goblins.
- A Bomb placed outside exterior walls near a corner can help foil an attack by destroying Wall Breakers.
- Placing a group of bombs around a Defensive building on the outside of their base acts as a trap for enemy Giants. Placing a Spring Trap at the entrance to these trapped defense structures makes them even more effective.
- Be cautious when upgrading a Bomb, as this will reveal its location. Combat this by relocating it during the upgrade period, since it won’t trigger during that period anyway. This is useful against players who scout out your base ahead of time for revenge attacks.
- Exploiting the way the Artificial Intelligence of troops targets buildings can dramatically increase the defensive effectiveness of your bombs. For example, a group of 2-3 bombs placed between a pair of resource collectors is very likely to destroy an entire group of Goblins as they pass from one collector to the next.
Clash of Clans Bomb Offensive Strategy
- Since it’s hard to predict where the Bombs are located, there isn’t much of a strategy when attacking a base with Bombs. They do such little damage that there is no need to plan an attack around them.
Clash of Clans Bomb Upgrade Differences
- At level 1 and 2, the Bomb is a black ball with a fuse at the top.
- At level 3 and 4, the Bomb becomes slightly larger and gains 4 gold spikes around its circumference.
- At level 5 and 6, the Bomb is encased in a metal shell that has 4 gold spikes and several gold bumps on its surface.
Clash of Clans Bomb Statistics
|Town Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10|
|Level||Damage||Cost||Re-Arm Cost||Build Time||Experience Gained||Town Hall Level required|
|Trigger Radius||Damage Radius||Damage Type||Unit Type Targeted||Favorite Target||Size|
|1.5 tiles||3 tiles||Area Splash||Ground||None||1×1 tile|