Clash of Clans Balloon Summary
- The Balloon is the sixth troop unlocked by the Barracks.
- The Balloon is the first flying unit unlocked in the game.
- Similar to Giants, Balloons target defensive structures first and will ignore all other types of enemy buildings and troops while any defenses remain on the battlefield. You can predict the path of a Balloon because they will move to the next closest defense once a defensive structure is destroyed (Hidden Teslas that appear will alter a Balloons path). Balloons will continue to target defenses even if they are under attack by enemy Clan Castle troops, heroes or Skeleton Trap skeletons (Like all troops that prioritize defenses, Balloons do not consider the Clan Castle to be a defense regardless of whether or not it contains enemy troops.) Once all defenses are destroyed, Balloons become like any other troop with no preferred target; they will attack the nearest building to them regardless of type, and will turn and attack enemy units if they become aware of any nearby.
- Balloons are the slowest moving troops in the game.
- Balloons are “promoted” Wall Breakers that attack from a hot air balloon. They drop bombs on defenses with a large area splash damage, but can be easily taken out by any anti-air defenses (such as the Air Defense).
- When Balloons are destroyed, they drop to the ground and explode. Upon impact, the Balloon deals additional damage.
Clash of Clans Balloon Best Use
- 1 or 2 Balloons are great to use to pull Clan Castle troops that are fairly centralized, however they will only pull units that can attack air. Troops such as Barbarians or Valkyries will not get pulled out of the Clan Castle by Balloons.
- Balloons play a large role in Town Hall 9 and 10 Clan War attacks. Popular strategies include Lavaloonion, GoWiLavaloon, Quattrolavaloon, etc…
- Due to its slow movement, Balloons work well when paired with Rage Spells.
- Balloons paired with minions (Balloonion) is a great strategy to pick up 50% damage for one star when trophy pushing.
- Although Balloons are slow moving, their damage is excellent; a good option is to speed them up with a Rage Spell or a Haste Spell. “Rage-Balloons” is an effective, if not often used, strategy (the only drawback is the time to train them).
- Balloons deal a lot of damage on their own and the extra bonus from the Rage Spell isn’t really needed and can be switched up with two Haste Spells.
- Balloons paired with Dragons (Dragloon) is an extremely effective war strategy when attacking Town Hall 8 War Bases. The main goal for Balloons is to fly past Dragons to target Air Defenses and destroy them quickly to reduce damage done to Dragons.
Clash of Clans Balloon Weakness
- Moves extremely slow.
- Since Balloons only target defensive structures and ignore everything else, this makes them very vulnerable to Clan Castle troops. You must lure and destroy opponent Clan Castle troops to effectively use a large group of Balloons.
- Depending on the positioning of defensive structures, Balloons often times will bunch up making them vulnerable to Wizard Tower splash damage.
- They only attack ground making them vulnerable to flying troops in Clan Castle.
- Fairly expensive troop and takes some time to train.
Clash of Clans Balloon Upgrade Differences
- At level 3 & 4, the Balloon receives wooden armour attached to the sides of the envelope underneath its rigging.
- At level 5, the Balloon’s basket gain golden spikes attached to its side and the bombs it drops become golden in color.
- At level 6, the Balloon’s red envelope turns to black with a white skull on it, and the wooden armor become gray-black steel.
Clash of Clans Balloon Statistics
|Preferred Target||Attack Type||Housing Space||Training Time||Movement Speed||Attack Speed||Barracks Level Required||Range||Death Damage Radius|
|Defenses||Area Splash 1.2 Tile Radius (Ground Only)||5||8m||10||4s||6||0.5 tiles||1.2 tiles|
|Level||Damage per Second||DAMAGE PER Attack||Hitpoints||Training Cost||Research Cost||Laboratory Level Required||Research Time|