Clash of Clans Army Camp Summary
- Army Camps are available starting at Town Hall 1.
- The Army Camp is where your troops go when they’re done training in the Barracks or Dark Barracks.
- They continue to function even when they are being upgraded, allowing you to keep your armies at full capacity at all times.
- Troops convening in the Army Camp do not defend your village when you get raided. Troops in an Army Camp do not appear on the attacker’s map at all (all Army Camps, full or not, appear empty to an attacker).
- Upgrading and building more Army Camps allow more troops to be stored for an attack. The more troops you have available the higher probability you be able to get 3 stars on a raid.
- The maximum amount of housing space you can have for your Troops at Town Hall 10 is 240 (4 Max Army Camps x 60 spaces per Camp).
- The Army Camp takes up a 5×5 space, making it the largest structure in the game.
- The Barbarian King does not take up space in the Army Camps; neither does the Archer Queen. Both Heroes either patrol the village or sleep on their own Altar.
- It is always preferable to initially build all available Army Camps, and then upgrade the lowest-level ones first. Every time you upgrade (except upgrading to level 2) the camp only gains 5 more housing space and it costs more elixir the more you upgrade. The next level is at least 2.5 times more expensive than the one before it.
- Clan Castle troops do not go into the Army Camp when donated and do not take housing space in the Army Camp.
- If you look closely, you can see reactions from some Troops when you tap on the Army Camp.
Clash of Clans Army Camp Upgrade Differences
- When initially constructed, the Army Camp is a large open grassy area with a cooking fire in the center.
- At level 2, a bare spit appears over the fire.
- At level 3, a carrot appears on the spit.
- At level 4, the carrot is replaced with a chicken/turkey and a bone is sticking out.
- At level 5, the chicken/turkey is replaced with a pig.
- At level 6, the pig is replaced with a bull and more rocks are added around the fire. The bull has a ring in its nose, and it is a light shade of brown.
- At level 7, the spit and food disappear. Instead, the cooking fire is surrounded by large black rocks with sharp edges.
- At level 8, the black rocks glow bright red and it has a slight glow around the rocks. The rock on the far right shrinks in size. It suggests that the rocks have been burned.
Clash of Clans Army Camp Statistics
|Town Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10|
|Level||Troop Capacity||Hitpoints||Build Cost||Build Time||Experience Gained||Town Hall Level required|