“These sharpshooters like to keep their distance on the battlefield and in life. Nothing makes them happier than single-mindedly taking down their target.”
Clash of Clans Archer Summary
- The Archer is the second troop unlocked after the Barbarian. She is the first ranged unit that can shoot over walls and target aerial troops.
- Archers become available for attacks at Town Hall 2.
- Much like Barbarians, Archers will attack the closest structure to them. However, once they become aware of enemy Clan Castle troops, Heroes or Skeleton Trap skeletons (either by being attacked themselves or being near another friendly troop under attack), they will leave their previously targeted structure and engage the enemy troops instead. Once all of the nearby enemy troops are defeated, they will proceed to attack the nearest building from their current location.
Clash of Clans Archer Best Use
- Archers are great cheap units to pull cc troops of to a corner. If positioned well (away from the range of defenses), a single archer can lure most of the opponents Clan Castle troops to a desired location. Once she is destroyed, it’s best to use Barbarians to pull the Clan Castle troops further out away from defenses since their movement is slower.
- This unit costs the little elixir and trains very fast, the Archer is great to use for farming resources. Archers pair well with Barbarians when farming abandoned loot bases. Drop the Barbarians as shields for the Archers and release the Archers behind the Giants to help destroy and shoot over walls.
- An Archer’s range is great for structures just out of range of defenses to help achieve a star by destroying 50% of the base.
- Great for Clan Castle troops as she can help defend against ground and aerial attacks.
Clash of Clans Archer Weakness
- Fragile unit with low hitpoints making them easily killed by Cannons and Archer Towers.
- Archers attack the nearest structure and tend to bunch up leaving them vulnerable to splash damage.
Clash of Clans Archer Upgrade Differences
- At level 1 & 2, the Archer’s has pink hair and her quivered arrows are fleged with pink feathers.
- At level 3 & 4, the Archer’s hair becomes purple and has a quiver full of flaming arrows.
- At level 5, the Archer’s hair turns back to pink, but she now wears her hood up. Her quiver becomes full of lightning arrows.
- At level 6, the Archer’s hair switches back to purple (must be having relationship issues) that grows slightly longer. She gains a tiara and the arrows have purple feathers. Her cape turns from green to black.
- At level 7, the Archer gains a small purple crystal on her tiara, which she wears untucked. Her cape becomes lined with a gold fabric, and her quiver receives gold trim. Her arrows flame up when shot.
Clash of Clans Archer Statistics
|Preferred Target||Attack Type||Housing Space||Training Time||Movement Speed||Attack Speed||Barracks Level Required||Range|
|None||Ranged (Ground & Air)||1||25s||24||1s||2||3.5 tiles|
|Level||Damage per Second||Hitpoints||Training Cost||Research Cost||Laboratory Level Required||Research Time|