Clash of Clans Air Sweeper Summary
- The Air Sweeper is unlocked at Town Hall 6.
- Air Sweepers are also known in short form as AS.
- The Air Sweeper is a defense that shoots blasts of air at Air Troops. It does not deal any physical damage. It pushes back air troops, giving other defenses more time to attack and destroy them.
- The Air Sweeper can only shoot blasts of air in a 120-degree radius.
- It does not affect ground units or interfere with them in any way other than potentially distracting them from attacking a more valuable target (i.e. the Town Hall) or affecting the path of Defense Targeting troops such as Giants and Hog Riders.
Clash of Clans Air Sweeper Defensive Strategy
- The value of Air Sweepers resides primarily in its ability to deter air attacks from a specific direction. Attackers will usually start an air attack from the back side of the Air Sweeper.
- The Air Sweeper can only shoot blasts of air in a 120-degree radius so it is important that it faces the side of the base which is most likely to be attacked by Air Troops.
- The Air Sweeper should be placed closer to the core of the base and possibly near an Air Defense to make the Air Defense harder to reach and be destroyed by Dragons or Balloons.
- Air Sweepers are effective at keeping Lava Pups or Minions away from defending Heroes and causing large clumps of enemy Air Troops to fan out or spread.
- As a Town Hall 8 player, one can face the Air Sweeper in one direction and load the back side of the base with Air Traps.
- As a Town Hall 9 player, both Air Sweepers can be stacked to make one segment of the base nearly impassable to air troops; or both Air Sweepers can face different directions to offer a wider area of deterrence. Placing them too close to each other will make them vulnerable to Lightning Spells.
- The level 6 Air Sweeper is capable of holding back a clump of Balloons (any level) for an extremely long time (provided there is nothing else in range of the Air Sweeper). Use this fact to cover areas of your base you want to especially defend against Balloons.
Clash of Clans Air Sweeper Offensive Strategy
- Air Sweepers can only cover a certain angle, so take advantage and attack buildings that are not covered by the Air Sweepers.
- Slow air troops like Balloons will be devastated most by this defense as they will take a relatively long time for them to return to the building they were targeting. Combat this temporarily by using a Rage Spell or Haste Spell to speed them up.
- A Level 1 Air Sweeper can be destroyed by 2 level 4 or higher Lightning Spells or 3 Lightning Spells of level 3 and below. A maximum-level Air Sweeper can be destroyed by 3 Lightning Spells of level 3 or higher.
- It can be distracted by Dragons, Healers or Minions, which can give more time for any other troops to destroy it.
- Even though the Air Sweeper covers a 120-degree radius, it can only fire blasts of air that cover a 30-degree angle. If you are going head-on against an Air Sweeper with air troops it is recommended to deploy them in a semicircle formation if possible to minimize the effect of the Air Sweeper.
Clash of Clans Air Sweeper Upgrade Differences
- When initially constructed, the Air Sweeper has four wooden supports reinforced by small metal braces and a curved squarish platform supporting a horn-like turret made out of of blue steel that is tied to the platform by ropes. It also has a red air pump that compresses every few seconds to release the air used to blow back troops.
- At level 2, the horn-like turret becomes larger and adds a decorative blue ring. The supports supporting the platform itself are now made of smooth stone (or metal) instead of rope.
- At level 3, the four wooden supports gain extra reinforcement from extra smooth stone (or metal) braces, one on each support. It is also reinforced on the side of the platform itself.
- At level 4, the platform itself is now made of smooth stone (or metal) with golden supports on each side and reinforcing the side of the platform. It also gains steel footings.
- At level 5, the horn-like turret increases in size once again, this time with a black ring on it instead of a blue ring.The horn-like turret changes from being made out of blue steel to being made out of grey steel. The platform is now completely gold-plated straps and all. The base is now reinforced as it gains an armor plating complete with golden spikes on each corner. The four supports are now gold-plated on the ends instead.
- At level 6, the armored base is now golden and the supports gain golden spikes all over them.
Clash of Clans Air Sweeper Statistics
|Town Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10|
|Level||Push Strength||Hitpoints||Cost||Build Time||Experience Gained||Town Hall Level Required|
|1||1.6 tiles||750||500,000||1 day||293||6|
|2||2.0 tiles||800||750,000||3 days||509||6|
|3||2.4 tiles||850||1,250,000||5 days||657||7|
|4||2.8 tiles||900||2,400,000||7 days||777||8|
|5||3.2 tiles||950||4,800,000||8 days||831||9|
|6||3.6 tiles||1,000||7,200,000||9 days||881||10|
|Range||Attack speed||Damage Type||Unit Type Targeted||Size|
|1-15||5s||None (Knockback Only)||Air||2×2 tiles|